Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one

>> Saturday 23 June 2012

Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
I am having Audacity 1.2.6 the free version, & have comprised and downloaded version 1.3.13. Do I install it on top of the previous version, or uninstall with the intention of first. And, in moreover case, does Audacity give the impression of being subsequent to my existing data automatically. The entire I have managed to locate so far regarding altering to a newer version is to facilitate some be able to be installed on top of a preceding beta release. I am utilizing Vista Home Premium SP2. My files so far are the entire radio recordings, basically saved as Audacity files; no editing or exporting completed yet basically for the reason that I have merely just started utilizing Audacity; my first foray into any audio program.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 29-07-2011
Nymphs Nymphs is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 268
Re: Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
The Audacity 1.2 and Audacity 1.3 are premeditated to peacefully co-exist on the comparable computer even though you not be able to utilize mutually at on one occasion. Audacity 1.3 Projects determine to not open on the less talented Audacity 1.2. In my circumstances, be supposed to I maintain 1.2, on one occasion 1.3 is installed. Through the projects I have encompassed previously saved in 1.2, perhaps I be supposed to import them into 1.3, so as to do the editing in the superior version. I had previously downloaded 1.3.13. Previous to I open the download, I required to make sure what the correct installation technique is for the reason that I previously have a number of stuff saved in Audacity, with the purpose of I do not want to lose.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 29-07-2011
Erinyes Erinyes is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 308
Re: Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
On one occasion you have checked to facilitate Audacity 1.3.13 is working appropriately you be able to delete/uninstall the old version or description. If at several time in the future you locate to facilitate you necessitate Audacity 1.2. the entire in excess off again, you be able to always download and install it again, despite the fact that it's unlikely that you determine to ever need to. What do I do to maintain the projects previously saved in the older version. Do I necessitate maintaining the old version to access them, or be able to I shift them over to the innovative one, then uninstall the old one. If you have imperative projects, it is almost certainly a superior idea to be overly cautious and check to facilitate they actually do open and play appropriately in Audacity 1.3.13 before you acquire rid of the old version.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 29-07-2011
Muses Muses is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 282
Re: Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
I am not able to open Audacity projects generated through an Audacity 1.3.3 beta installation in my Windows Vista and/or XP. The audacity interface in my innovative Mac Air is dissimilar and I not be able to access a number of the characteristics for the reason that they are not visible. Not be able to record a file playing commencing from the web (ivoox) for the reason that Audacity 1.3.3. Beta installed in my mac does not demonstrate several additional devices for recording than the built-in microphone. In the version or description installed in my pc laptop Windows XP, Audacity demonstrates 5 dissimilar input alternatives for recording (one of them, "mezcla de salida de onda", the one utilized to record commencing from the web.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 02-08-2011
Susquehannock Susquehannock is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 691
Re: Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
What you are anticipated to do is Control hit it off on your desktop the innovative Folder called Audacity1.3.3. I anticipate you signify 1.3.13. Audacity 1.3.3 is not as steady as the most recent version. Open the installer "drive" you acquire commencing from the download and accumulate the contents of the drive and dump them the entire into your innovative folder. Drag to facilitate folder to Applications. Then you have to go back and clean up the installer drive and the whole thing else you did previous to facilitate did not work right. Your installer "drive" be supposed to not be in the submissions folder.
Reply With Quote
#6
Old 03-08-2011
Tamas Tamas is offline
Member

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 215
Re: Can I use a newer version of audacity over the older one
In Macs it has a software package called SoundFlower with the intention of permits the extra sound pathways to make available for illustration YouTube sound for recording. The windows apparatus have "Stereo Mix" or comparable hidden or, on a number of apparatus, missing altogether, It's impracticable to tell which machine you encompass without giving the impression of being If you have one of those cool machines with the intention of would not do this at the entire, then you have no choice other than to go the Hardware route, or the supplementary Windows software. None of this has no matter which to do through Audacity. The sound pathways have comprised to be making available by the Operating System/Computer.
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author