Cannot Put My Laptop In Sleep Mode

>> Tuesday 26 June 2012

Cannot Put My Laptop In Sleep Mode
Hi there!

I can't put my laptop in sleep mode. It's there as an option but is grey and can't be clicked on. I read some other threads about similar issues, went into my admin command prompt and this is what it's telling me:
after typing in powercgf.exe -A it reponded saying
there are one or more legacy drivers installed which prevent this standby
VgaSave
An internal system component has disabled this standby state.
please help? thanks!
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 18-06-2011
Viceman's Avatar
Viceman Viceman is offline
Member

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,095
Re: Cannot Put My Laptop In Sleep Mode
First of all, can you please tell us what is the make or model of your laptop? The kind of problem that you have with Vgasave is what Windows uses when your graphics driver is not present or not working or during Safe Mode. Go to the Device Manager and check the status of your Display adapter and also check for hard wares that may conflict with display usually under "other devices" or "Unknown devices" if present. Be sure you have the latest driver from the manufacturer's support website.
__________________
Stress is when you wake up screaming, only to realize you were never asleep.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 18-06-2011
misslolo's Avatar
misslolo misslolo is offline
Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: the internet
Posts: 4
It's a toshiba satellite...going to check the device manager now, thanks!

under 'other devices' there are 2 unknown devices and a mass storage controller...should I unistall the unknows? i think the mass storge is my portable harddrive.

i uninstalled both 'unknown devices' and restared the comp but still cannot use sleep mode

I reinstalled the program that was acting up and my sleep mode option is now back on! thanks for your help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author