Internet Explorer 8 proxy authentication

>> Thursday 28 June 2012

Internet Explorer 8 proxy authentication
We have a domain, the severs are windows 2003 and the clients are windows xp SP3, most have ie 7 but the problem is on the ones with ie8. We use a proxy server that requires authentication. I use group policy to deploy the settings accross the domain. When I click on IE8 it immediately comes up with the message Cannot display the webpage. If I then click on the home page it then asks for the authencation and works fine. How can I get ie8 to ask for the authentication immediately instead of saying "cannot display the webpage". IE 7 works fine. I need to get it working so I can deploy IE8 to the rest of the network. Thanks
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 20-04-2011
Sheenas Sheenas is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 880
Re: Internet Explorer 8 proxy authentication
For the issue you will need help to update the administrative templates of your web browser. I had found a similar issue on Microsoft forums. You will have to copy the inetres.adm file which is located in the systemroot\inf folder of your Windows system. You can see in the C:\Windows\System32 and get a replacement for the same. The templates can be managed by GPO also. You can simply add and remove the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author