How to configure vlc on the xbmc

>> Thursday 28 June 2012

How to configure vlc on the xbmc
I was having one heck of a time tuning my movie setting (LCD) at the same time as watching a movie beneath XBMC built in player. I was noticing preposterous amounts of crushed blacks and there was nothing I might do to tune it out. So had I played the similar movie through VLC Media Player and I assume VLC uses its in-house software pedestal player and to my amazement there was so much additional detail in shadows/dark areas of the movie. The entire the blacks did not blend mutually, etc. I have comprised and tried the Software settings and the advanced settings I take for granted hardware based in XBMC other than they give the impression of being identical. I actually feel affection for utilizing XBMC for the reason that it's got a fantastic interface other than I not be able to deal with the picture quality similar to it is. Utilizing VLC and even WMP outside of XBMC give the impression of being way superior in comparison. What can I do here.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 20-04-2011
Badrunath Badrunath is offline
Member

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,519
Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc
The entire you have comprised and given is an indication and no information in sequence as to even which proposal or version or description of XBMC you are working. I am having the similar confront on my current installation of XBMC. Version I am utilizing is 9.04.1 R20672. When I play AVI files commencing from side to side WMP, the video playback is extremely well. On the other hand, through XBMC, give the impression of being like I am working with under a low color setting. Do not know of what settings I be able to revolutionize to address. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9100 IGP. I have been checking that I have the most recent driver version.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 20-04-2011
MahaGuru's Avatar
MahaGuru MahaGuru is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,526
Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc
I have been enjoying XBMC on my Xbox for the most recent 4 years or so. Other than similar to others have comprised and been disappointed by the low superiority results utilizing XBMC to play several type of video file .avi / DVIX and DVD on the system. Contrast to my swamp standard Media Player Classic for illustration, playing several video in XBMC give the impression of being extremely low quality and blocky. This is an enormous shame as the rest of the software is roughly 100% perfect. It not be able to actually be a predicament through my system or screen as the entire the windows / PC video players work extremely well. Unless XBMC itself is so processor-intensive with the intention of video playback suffers I have encompassed experimented through the entire types of XBMC video settings through no improvement.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 20-04-2011
GeforceUser GeforceUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,364
Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc
You almost certainly have "video scaling" set to "nearest neighbour" you have comprised to modify this during playback. As to the crushed blacks, I do not observe this. Perhaps your display is not accomplished of the full 0-255 luminance range. Tried the entire the obtainable video scaling alternative, other than might not observe several differences. At present starting to imagine XBMC is taking up to a great extent of my processing power Pentium 4 2.6GHz & Radeon 9200 graphics. I feel affection for XBMC on the XBOX & it's a indignity it does not work well on my PC Yet the entire other video players I have tried seem to cope extremely well.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 20-04-2011
Tionontati Tionontati is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,018
Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc
You have to be just presently to be clear, you are not planning on reading and subsequent the connection on how to position a predicament in a helpful manner, so to facilitate the devs be able to superior figure out how to solve your particular predicament. I realize this is long subsequent to the fact, other than I did desire to say thanks for posting back as it saved me a assortment of screwing approximately just to utilize your output. In addition, VLC does not miscalculate the length of a movie which is why I utilize it rather than the built in media player for XBMC. If XMBX utilized the bit-rate and the actual file size, I might stop utilizing VLC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author