While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word

>> Tuesday 26 June 2012

While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
I have no printers installed on my system (and have not had in the past in this installation of Windows 7 64 bit, so there is nothing to clean). My system is fully managed (I have a site called TweakGuides.com - I know how to keep a Windows system in optimal conditions).

I also disabled a range of options in Word to ensure that the basic documents are kept as basic documents, free smart tags and other unnecessary data embedded. I even disable all functions of self-correction as a matter of routine.

I still think that any document created in Word 2010 display arbitrarily absent spaces when view in Word 2007. It makes no dissimilarity if I can save the document in compatibility mode on or off, frequently spaces will disappear. If I can see the document using Windows Wordpad, I can see that the spaces have not been efficiently eliminate, by what appears to be a trouble in Word 2007-specific.

As such, I am convinced that it is a compatibility error, as in Word 2010 itself these deletions space never appear, only when viewed or edited in Word 2007. This is quite serious as you can imagine, because it means that the documents sent to people who use Office 2007 (a large proportion of users of Word) are neglected as a result. Editing them is also useless, because as soon as it is saved in Word 2010 and sent back a similar number of spaces are removed randomly.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 14-05-2011
Badrunath Badrunath is offline
Member

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,519
re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
I've had no problem running with all functions of Word 2003, 2007 and now 2010. In Word 2010, including the Print tab just says no printer. Selecting it, or select a print function anywhere in Windows it takes me a message to configure a printer, I can cancel. So there is no explicit third driver for the printers are installed on this system, that's for sure. Therefore the error can be even with the generic printer device Office.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 14-05-2011
MahaGuru's Avatar
MahaGuru MahaGuru is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,526
re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
Now I've found a number of documents that I created in the last month using Word 2010 and have the same problem in Word 2007 - either short or long, with minimal formatting or complex, or has been created as a target for new documents in Word 2010 or documents originally created in earlier versions of Word - blanks are dropped at random throughout the document.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 14-05-2011
GeforceUser GeforceUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,364
re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
I cannot be the only person using Word without a printer, so I leave this information to others who may have the same problem. Word 2010 If you absolutely need a printer driver, you must install one yourself, even if a dummy driver. If previous versions of Word running without a printer driver installed explicitly, then this is a problem with Word 2010.

Either way, I'm not really asking for help as I know I can solve this by myself. I hope the team of the Word of realizing this mistake, and others seek to Google stumble on this thread and see the mistakes and solutions. If you have no more suggestion that "install a driver," then maybe you need to help others.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 14-05-2011
Bull50's Avatar
Bull50 Bull50 is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,262
re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
I do not doubt your experience, but it seems to miss the point that I have not changed anything in this regard. Do not uninstall the printer drivers or "violin" for this to happen. Word 2007 worked quite well on my system. After installing Word 2010, only changing some options in Word to remove things like Smart Tags and AutoCorrect, and soon found that Word 2010 is already showing spaces randomly dropped when the document is viewed in Word 2007. In addition, Windows 7 has a default printer driver installed: the XPS Document Writer. With or without this device, with or without other similar device such as Acrobat 9, the fault persists. Are you suggesting that the chance to install a driver for a printer that does not exist on my machine? Are you suggesting that the word was only designed to be used in systems with printers?
Reply With Quote
#6
Old 14-05-2011
CitricAcid CitricAcid is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,031
re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
Open Word in Safe Mode and then see if you are facing the same problem. To open Word in safe mode, follow the steps below:
1) Click Start> Programs> Accessories> Run
2) Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
WinWord / insurance
If the documents are printed properly with Word in security, disable the add (s) for Word 2010.
If the problem persists, change the default printer on the computer "XPS document writer to see if it prints correctly. For information on how to change the default printer in Windows 7.
If the documents are printed correctly "XPS document writer", install the latest printer driver for printer’s problem.
Reply With Quote
#7
Old 14-06-2011
bradsmith74 bradsmith74 is offline
Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Re: While printing, space between words get deleted in MS Word
I believe this is a known issue with Word 2007 that was corrected with Office SP2.
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author